16/03/2010

Mothers Day



This year for mothers day I decided to treat my Ma to a summer glamour kit; a delicious blood red lipstick by Chanel and a fresh faced bronzer. She's a classic lady so teamed with a crisp white shirt, smart jeans and slip ons, she'll enjoy this for her chic mornings at the French marche.

We had some bad news this week about a friend of ours and it made me stop in my tracks. It seems so wierd we'll never see her again. I couldn't stop thinking about the son she's left behind, how lost he must feel and how thankful I am for the lunch and laughter we had on Sunday... and mum thrashing me at cards. Poetry really isn't my strong point but I got a bit emotional and sketched this out for mothers day.

For the hands that helped me.

In you I see what's been before,
In me of what's to come,
This little rhyme can't say it all,
So much we've said and done.
Nurtured, fed and dressed for life,
You sent me on my way,
To riches rags and back again,
What now? I'd hear you say
You promised to take care of me,
Catch me should I fall,
I pushed the limits time enough,
You invested me your all,
To thank you seems too small a gest,
So what am I to do?
I'll show you that I'm big enough,
To return this love to you.

No comments: